Breaking News

Latest Activities

Reviews

Diadora Mythos Samurai III - Shoe Review

Last November of 2011, I received a pair of top of the line running shoe of Diadora, an Italian sports brand - the Mythos Samurai III, courtesy of Ms. Lia Solo from Royal Sporting House.

When I came back to running in 2008, my first running shoe then was also a Diadora Mythos that I bought on a sale price at a Mall. Though the shoe was a Women's style racing flats, it was substantially durable, soft on the heels, and flexible running shoe that fits my foot well. I have first used it on a race at the 2008 Men's Health Miracle Run and it gained a lot more of pounding and mileage both from the badminton court and on the road until its last race at the 2009 Pioneer Mighty Run.

That first experience with Diadora running shoe I thought was also the last as Diadora no longer glanced my eyesight. But now they're back on the line with an impressive evolution to the technology of their footwear as integrated to the Mythos Samurai 3 running shoe - Elaston E.V.A. foam on the insole and midsole, the Axeler CCB, Power Flow shank, and the Axeler WI5 technology.

I've first used this shoe during the 2nd Trek the T.E.C 90 floors vertical run (yeap there was no break-in for this shoe). After one day, my brother also used this same shoe for his 2nd fun run (and his first race after more than a year) for a 3k run with flag football at the 2011 Run BGC. I allowed my brother to use this so I could observe how did my brother performed with the shoe, as he has been without training nor preparation prior to his race. Gladly, there were no shoe-caused injuries manifested to him aside from the 1-day of sore leg muscles due to the absence of run training.

Diadora Mythos Samurai III
As for me, here's my quick outlook based from my own experience and observation to the Mythos Samurai III:
  • Lightweight - almost as light as my Adizero Boston race flats.
  • Cushioned - thanks to the shock-absorbing EVA foam
  • Sturdy yet Flexible - the blown flexoft rubber breaks the breaking-in rule!
  • Breathability - nylon air-mesh construction and Power flow at the outer-sole
  • All Terrain Type - just look at the outer-sole, it's thick, sturdy, and shouts out for trail actions.
  • Great Value - comes at discounted price at all Diadora and RSH stores in metro-malls.
  • Stability and Support
  • Eye-Friendly color combinations
Although, I owned a one size bigger because for my usual shoe size of US7.5 for the Mythos Samurai III seems to have narrow toe box for me. The next size, US8 on the other hand was like too large for me. Should there be a size of US7.75, it might have been the perfect fit, lol!

Quick Specs:

Upper: Nylon air mesh and Supreltech. Lining with special anti-bacteria treatment.
Insole: Removable anatomical cotton jersey and shock-absorbing Elastom E.V.A. foam.
Midsole: Moulded Elastom E.V.A. foam. Double Action² in the heel area. C.C.B.. Axeler Wi-5 Propulsion. Power Flow.
Sole: Blown Flexoft Rubber in the front area. Special Duratech 5000 wearproof compound in the heel area.

More technical details available on this post, while here are some photos for your delight :)

Upper: Nylon air mesh and Supreltech
Heel area: Special Duratech 5000 wearproof compound
Lining: special anti-bacteria treatment
Double Action²

Power Flow
Blown Flexoft Rubber
It even has arch-support

shock-absorbing Elastom E.V.A. foam

Please also drop-by and like my Running Team's facebook fanpage at:
Diadora Phils. Running Team

3 comments:

  1. natawa ko sa size 7.75! sobrang customized na nun! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... how I wish merong ganun size =D

    thanks for dropping by Noel and nice seeing you last time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combine the colors of these shoes are perfect.Young and trendy.That would be the idea for birthday gift for my son

    ReplyDelete

Share a space of your lane...

Enter your e-mail to receive updates from RunningAtom

Subscribe to RunningAtom

Fitness

Health

The Other Side of my Cerebro

Poetry

Short Story

Technology

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Designed By Blogger Templates